[pulseaudio-discuss] Audiophile newbie reporting in

Arun Raghavan arun.raghavan at collabora.co.uk
Tue Oct 4 01:44:58 PDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-10-04 at 10:00 +0200, Maarten Bosmans wrote:
[...]
> >> Pulse can only have fixed sample rate set for a sink. (There are some
> >> patches floating around to fix that, which sound like they would fix
> >> your single-source use case perfectly, but they land post 1.0 at the
> >> earliest) Given that, 96kHz is obviously a better choice for a fixed
> >> sample rate, as you'd rather upsample your CD-quality stuff than
> >> downsample the 96 kHz recordings.
> >>

> > Good to hear. Thanks for your comments.
>
> I think Arun said on IRC that pass-through would also work for PCM
> audio. (or may I'm completely wrong here)

Yep, I didn't remove Pierre's original way of doing passthrough -- just
set PA_STREAM_PASSTHROUGH on your stream flags (or paplay --passthrough
--raw) and you should be reusing all the passthrough infrastructure that
makes sure we don't touch the audio on the way out. Note that I don't
actually test/use this myself.

-- Arun