[pulseaudio-discuss] Configuring alsa mixers in the "off" profile.

Mark Brown broonie at sirena.org.uk
Thu Oct 6 06:34:54 PDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 06, 2011 at 04:22:33PM +0300, Matti J. Aaltonen wrote:

> But the handling of the analog audio isn't that straightforward, or
> maybe it is... I'm not familiar with pulse audio.

It's trivial and can be done entirely in kernel as with all the other
audio power management.

> Earlier versions of lankku had analog audio output connected to the
> headphone amplifier, turning that amp on could also turn on the
> radio. But that amplifier could be turned on for other reasons as
> well. How to identify that it is to be used to amplify the signal
> from the radio... Also are "we" trying to find a solution for a
> particular use case (Lankku doesn't have analog audio possibility
> for the radio) or an up-streamable more general solution?

All the audio power management flows from audio routing - when you
disconnect the audio path that connects the FM radio from an output then
all elements of that path will be powered down (assuming they aren't
also used by other paths).