[pulseaudio-discuss] Hardware support, resampling, bit-for-bit

CC ccomren at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 14:02:14 PDT 2011

Hello,

I'm new to PulseAudio and couldn't find the following online:

Can PulseAudio take advantage of advanced sound cards, e.g., mixing and
resampling?
Does it allow for bit-for-bit playback?

I'm building an media pc, but might have wrong ideas about the requirements
-- I do lite the highest possible audio quality. I assume resampling will
slightly reduce audio quality (which I guess is why Windows allows
bit-for-bit playback) and also burns a few CPU cycles.

CC