[pulseaudio-discuss] Rename Sink

Maarten Bosmans mkbosmans at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 05:57:33 PDT 2011

Note: please do not hijack threads and please use inline reply instead
of top posting, as now it is not really clear what part of which
message you're replying to.

2011/10/17 Chris <kc2rgw at gmail.com>:
> Oh hey, this may answer my question from a few days ago.
>
> So I want a sink/source single device so I can dump output from one
> app and attach another as input...this line from the wiki...is this
> the right type?  Basically a patch cable is what I want.

This was already answered, right? Use module-null-sink.

> add-autoload-sink combined module-combine master=output slaves=output2
> sink_name=combined

autoload-sink is deprecated, IIRC. Just use load-module.

Read the Modules page on the wiki. master argument of module-combine
is deprecated (so is module-combine, use module-combine-sink)

> I just name it 'virtual cable' and the apps if pulseaudio aware would
> see it in their choices for inputs and outputs I'm assuming?

Indeed.

> Sorry for being dense, I somehow didn't realize the commands
> 'add-autoload-sink' etc were just passed to pulseaudio on the command
> line.

Yeah, the syntax of default.pa is just a bunch of commands of the CLI protocol.

Maarten