[pulseaudio-discuss] Screen casting with PulseAudio

Michał Sawicz michal at sawicz.net
Tue Oct 18 04:38:39 PDT 2011

Dnia 2011-10-18, wto o godzinie 13:33 +0200, Rémi Denis-Courmont pisze:
> Eh? The user doing the recording typically wants to hear the sound
> while recording. So I don't see what null sink has to do here.
As long as you only want to record your speakers, then just record the
monitor of the output sink. The null / loopbacks can help if you want to
record microphone, too.

> > Obviously that's not relevant to VLC itself, it's through
> > pactl/pacmd (sorry) and pavucontrol that you need to select the
> > appropriate recording source.
>
> So that's not an answer to the problem.
Yes it is. VLC isn't the place to choose recording inputs. Volume
control tools are the place to do so.

Can you describe your complete usecase? 'Cause I fail to see the actual
issue at hand.

Regards,
--
Michał (Saviq) Sawicz <michal at sawicz.net>