[pulseaudio-discuss] Getting a null sink to show up as an ALSA device.

Chris kc2rgw at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 16:56:08 PDT 2011

OK, in my quest to get the output of one application to be used as the
input for another, I got module-null-sink all set

from list short sinks
9	vac	module-null-sink.c	s16le 2ch 44100Hz	SUSPENDED

from list short sources
12	vac.monitor	module-null-sink.c	s16le 2ch 44100Hz	SUSPENDED

My two applications recognize ALSA devices.

One of them for example sees the following options for output devices

Audio Output Devices:
id: 0 -> hw:HDA ATI SB,0
id: 1 -> hw:HDA ATI SB,1
id: 2 -> hw:HD-Audio Generic,3
id: 4 -> hw:USB Audio CODEC,0

How do I now get ALSA to see the null sink and its monitor so the apps
in turn can use them as an output and a capture device?

I've Googled around and can't find an example so far.

--
73      de     Chris       KC2RGW