[pulseaudio-discuss] Any way to get PA to wake up less when playing low latency?

Arun Raghavan arun.raghavan at collabora.co.uk
Fri Oct 28 03:19:53 PDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-10-25 at 09:06 -0700, Dylan Reid wrote:
> a profiling run didn't show any hot spots.

A quick profiling run with 5ms minreq and 10ms tlength doesn't actually
consume *too* much CPU here (~12% at 800 MHz). There might be ways to
reduce this though.

Just from profiling, I noticed that ~30% of that time goes into ppoll()
in the kernel. I seem to recall that someone was doing patches to move
us to use epoll(), which /should/ be faster. Was this actually done?
Perhaps by the Nokia folks? If not, I'll take a look at doing this.

-- Arun