[pulseaudio-discuss] "Unable to create stream: Connection terminated" happening relatively frequently in ubuntu 11.10

Arun Raghavan arun.raghavan at collabora.co.uk
Mon Oct 31 22:26:11 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-10-28 at 06:30 -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 3:48 AM, Arun Raghavan
> <arun.raghavan at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> >> Here's the debug output on the client side.  (Forgot to make the
> >> server verbose, I'll try that next.)
> >
> > I suspect the server-side isn't going to be too helpful here. Debugging
> > this stuff is usually a bit of a pain. Just to make sure, the PA server
> > and the test are running as the same user, right?
>
> Yes, same user, nothing special going on.

Could you also post the output of ls -l /proc/$(pidof pulseaudio)/fd ?
Please also include the 'PULSE_LOG=4 pactl list' output again from the
same login.

I've seen a weird race a couple of times since yesterday seemingly due
to the PulseAudio server coming up before the hostname is set. Anybody
else seeing something like this?

-- Arun