[pulseaudio-discuss] Segfault at saving legacy database entries

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Sep 4 03:38:14 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and Colin Guthrie at 01/09/11 11:16 did gyre and gimble:
> 'Twas brillig, and David Henningsson at 01/09/11 09:57 did gyre and gimble:
>> Or maybe save a temporary null-port entry that is used later (as a
>> fallback is there is no port entry)?
>
> This seems more sensible, but it's harder to code for (well not
> massively, as it could all be wrapped up in the call to perportentry
> read I guess - e.g. separate out the key into the primary bit and the
> port suffix... probably means a few more mallocs generally but maybe
> worth it?
>
> I'll add it to my todo list. Thanks :)
>
> I thought I'd seen a segv somewhere too, but then I couldn't
> reproduce... this explains it!

I've now pushed a fix for this and a separate (and incredibly dumb) one
that prevented the stream-restore database from being converted.

Let me know if there are still problems with this.

I personally only have a couple things left now - several (rather
simple) recommendations from Lennart (he reviewed!!! Amazing!) and one
problem that seems to see pavucontrol linking directly against
libpulsecommon here.... which is defo wrong.

If you have time can you check your pavucontrol build with "objdump -p"
to see if libpulsecommon-0.99.so is NEEDED by pavucontrol?

Cheers

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]