[pulseaudio-discuss] Setting Bluetooth headset connection to *both* A2DP _AND_ HSP at the same time?

Fri Sep 9 13:39:28 PDT 2011

Hello,

Am 09.09.2011 21:52 schrieb "Johan Hedberg" <johan.hedberg at gmail.com>:

> Hi Alexander,

> Firstly, you should be a bit more precise: I assume you're talking about
> having audio streams active to both profiles at the same time, and not
> about them being connected (but having an audio stream inactive) at the
> same time.

Well, let me try to describe what I would like to get.

I want to hear music and i also want to be able to use VoIP.

For music, I need a2dp, for VoIP, I need hsp. But when I enable a2dp
output/profile in the phonon settings or with the pacmd command, I can no
longer select the p311 as a recording device in phonon and it is also not
shown in ekiga and other apps for input (only for output).

When I select hsp, I can select the p311 as a recording device, but when I
play music in amarok or the like, it sounds terrible (because the sound
quality of hsp is bad, but good enough for VoIP).

Hsp doesn't really have to be active most of the time, only when I actually
use VoIP. The VoIP is open all day long. But when I am actually in a call,
a2dp can (and actually SHOULD) be off. No need to listen to music while
talking… ;-)

> The default BlueZ behavior when connecting a headset, and also something
> recommended in Bluetooth white papers, is to always have both profiles
> connected.

Aha. That is why both connect, when I connect to one in the Bluetooth icon
in the system tray of KDE.

Is it possible to get what I would like to get?

Regards,

Alexander