[pulseaudio-discuss] Audio output on Bluetooth headset is choppy - PulseAudio at fault?

Mon Sep 12 02:30:26 PDT 2011

Am 12.09.2011 10:51, schrieb Colin Guthrie:
> 'Twas brillig, and Alexander Skwar at 12/09/11 07:44 did gyre and gimble:

>> Result: It's just as clippy, as it is with PulseAudio.
>
> Keep in mind that the alsa-bluetooth stuff has not has as much focus as
> PA bluetooth stuff in recent years, but yes, this seems like a valid test.

Understood. But if I take out one component (PulseAudio) and replace it
with another one (ALSA) and get the same results, then I think that this
is a quite strong indication, that this component wasn't involved, or
better: causing, in the error/problem at hand.

>> Or do you guys think, that my judgement regardign PulseAudio is a bit
>> premature?
>
> As I said previously, I suspect it's simply due to the receiver built
> into your machine not being supported by bluez as best it could.

It doesn't matter, but I'm not using a builtin receiver, but a USB
connected dongle. And sadly I don't have another BT receiver available.

>> I think I'm gonna ditch Bluetooth. Too complicated to setup on Linux. :(
>
> Oh it's quite simple to setup, just pair the device and provide you're
> using PA it just works....

Well… For interesting values of "it just works" ;)

> the problem is that that it doesn't always
> work well due to h/w support.

Yep.

> This requires users to give feedback and
> run tests such that upstream folks can make it better for everyone!

Who's upstream now? Bluez? Sent a mail to linux-bluetooth mailing list
a few days ago, but haven't received any response so far.

→ http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.bluez.kernel/16334

> Please don't give up, just have patience and try and get involved :)

I'm not a coder. Just a user :) Can't do much more than report bugs
or issues and supply details as I see them.

Cheers,

Alexander
--
↯     Lifestream (Twitter, Blog, …) ↣ http://sup.skwar.me/     ↯