[pulseaudio-discuss] Crash in raop sink

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Sep 12 14:03:26 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and David Henningsson at 12/09/11 10:28 did gyre and gimble:
> When given a backtrace such as this:
>
> https://launchpadlibrarian.net/79380464/ThreadStacktrace.txt
>
> Do you think the attached patch is the right way to solve the problem
> (if so, please commit the attached patch), or at least a reasonable
> workaround that we can distro patch for the time being to avoid
> PulseAudio crashing?

The patch would probably work around the issue but there is actually a
larger problem in it... if it doesn't connect properly (i.e. connection
refused), there are lots of actions that can cause a crash in PA (e.g.
adjusting the volume).

I've been meaning to look into it for a while myself but not had time.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]