[pulseaudio-discuss] Pusleaudio in --system mode and module-loopback

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Wed Sep 14 09:06:54 PDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-09-14 at 20:44 +0530, Vinod wrote:
> I have started the pulseaudio in --system mode and trying to use
> module-loopback for bluetooth A2DP.
> but pacmd doesnt work in system mode and hence I am not able to get
> the bluetooth source.
>
> I have 2 questions,
> 1. Is there any way to find the bluetooth source when pulseaudio is
> running in --system mode.
> 2. Can I use module-loopback for A2DP when pulseaudio is in --system mode,
>
> When I started the pulseaudio in session mode I got the bluetooth
> source using pacmd utility.
> I want same when I am in system mode.

Instead of pacmd, you can use pactl. "pactl list" will dump a lot of
information, and device names will be included in that.

If you're using module-bluetooth-discover, then you'll also need to
enable module loading for bluetooth to work (module loading is disabled
by default in the system mode for security reasons). That's also needed
for loading module-loopback at runtime. The configuration option is
"allow-module-loading" in daemon.conf.