[pulseaudio-discuss] Proposal for new media role: fmradio

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Wed Sep 14 21:24:47 PDT 2011

Hi,

On Thu, 2011-09-15 at 06:47 +0300, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tuesday 13 September 2011, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:

> This does NOT belong in PulseAudio.

What does not belong in Pulseaudio? This is about routing audio streams,
and that's very much Pulseaudio's job.

> An FM receiver application will tune the
> V4L2 device directly, and thus needs to open the corresponding ALSA capture
> device (possibly through PulseAudio).

Yes, and making this possible with the minimum hassle for the
application is exactly what I'm trying to achieve. Could you comment
also on my longer mail in this thread where I changed the proposal?