[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio overwrites alsa settings

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Sep 16 04:37:54 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and orschiro at googlemail.com at 16/09/11 07:42 did gyre
and gimble:
> Hello all,
>
> I configured all my channels using alsamixer and stored them
> permanently with 'alsactl store'.
>
> However after each bootup, those settings are overwritten by
> pulseaudio with its own settings.
>
> This is a pitty because each time my internal mic is at 0.
>
> How can I restrict pulseaudio to not overwrite the alsa settings?

PulseAudio controls things based on the preferences you select.

PA will set the kcontrols it's deliberately not using to values that
keep them from interfering.

You should simply select the correct mic port/connector in the relevant
GUI and your internal mic volume will be saved and restored happily.

If in doubt, pop on to IRC and post a link to your "pacmd ls" and
"amixer -c0" outputs and we can advise better.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]