[pulseaudio-discuss] create new source from sink + source

Patrick Donnelly batrick at batbytes.com
Fri Sep 16 20:50:37 PDT 2011

Hi,

Sorry in advance if this is not the right forum for this question.
I've done much googling and haven't been able to find an answer.

I'm trying to take the input (source) from a device

alsa_input.usb-Logitech_Logitech_G930_Headset-00-Headset.analog-mono

and combine that with the output being directed to

alsa_output.usb-Logitech_Logitech_G930_Headset-00-Headset.analog-stereo

to form a new "source" from which I can direct to applications, e.g.
skype. (Basically, I'd like to play some sound over Skype while still
being able to have conversation.)

Here's what I'm currently doing and am having no success:

T=$(mktemp --dry-run)

pacmd <<EOF
load-module module-pipe-sink file="$T" sink_name="foo-sink"
load-module module-loopback
source="alsa_input.usb-Logitech_Logitech_G930_Headset-00-Headset.analog-mono"
sink="foo-sink"

load-module module-combine sink_name="both-output"
slaves="foo-sink,alsa_output.usb-Logitech_Logitech_G930_Headset-00-Headset.analog-stereo"
set-default-sink both-output

load-module module-pipe-source file="$T" source_name="foo-source"
EOF

I don't get any errors, it just doesn't work. Any assistance would be
greatly appreciated.

--
- Patrick Donnelly