[pulseaudio-discuss] Reply-to (was: How does pulseaudio find the new default sink/source when current one is unlinked?)

Lu Guanqun guanqun.lu at intel.com
Tue Sep 20 23:19:43 PDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 02:09:01PM +0800, David Henningsson wrote:
> On 09/21/2011 05:21 AM, Lu Guanqun wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 08:32:39PM +0800, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> > [...]
> >> See the blog post I pointed to my reply on the other thread.
> >
> > Hi Col,
> >
> > This might not be related to this thread, but can I request you to
> > change the behaviour of this mailing list a bit? Generally what this
> > mailing list does is to reply to the list directly without the replier
> > been CC-ed. However, in this way, if they don't check this mailing list
> > regularly, they might miss some mails. Is it possible to change it to
> > default Cc the person?
>
> Being in the same situation for another list: AFAIK, this is not
> possible to set globally. You can choose to have the mailinglist or the
> original sender as being the default to reply to, whereas having the
> original sender will lead to people mistakenly responding in private.
> This is IMO worse than people mistakenly not cc:ing in the original poster.
>
> I think it is up to everyone to be disciplined enough to use "Reply All"
> instead of "Reply" in their e-mail reader.

Yes, it's better for everyone to use "Reply to All", but there's some
extra effort.

What makes think the behaviour might be changed is when I check the
email header, there's a line below:
Thus, the mail client will try to reply to this address first. I'm
asking is it possible to remove this line.
[I'm not familiar with email processing system, so that might be wrong...]

--
guanqun