[pulseaudio-discuss] udev detect not working with linux-3.0.3

John Frankish j-frankish at slb.com
Mon Sep 26 00:03:23 PDT 2011

> I'm currently using
>
>$ uname -a
>Linux SpideyHomePC 3.0.4-gentoo #4 SMP Fri Sep 9 16:47:39 BRT 2011
>x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz GenuineIntel
>GNU/Linux
>
>without problems. It's probably a specific problem with your setup.
>There is no need to alarm people with this title, it may generate FUD.
>
>Anyways, analyzing your output:
>
>D: [pulseaudio] cli-command.c: Checking for existence of
>'/usr/local/lib/pulse-0.99/modules/module-udev-detect.so': success
>I: [pulseaudio] module-udev-detect.c: Found 0 cards.
>I: [pulseaudio] module.c: Loaded "module-udev-detect" (index: #4; argument: "").
>
>Is this consistent behavior even after a cold boot?

Yes

> Since there is nothing wrong in the output, udev module loaded fine and all, I'd
>suggest looking again at your config files.

I'm using the same config files and udev rules in both cases

>What distribution are you using, by the way?

Tinycorelinux:

3.x uses linux-2.6.33.3 and glibc-2.11.1 and the udev module works fine
4.x uses linux-3.0.3 and eglibc-2.13 the udev module does not find the hardware (alsa works OK)

In both cases the version of udev is the same.

It could be I need more recent 25-alsa.rules or 78-sound-card.rules, but I don't see anything obvious?