[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio with VT1708S soundcard - Splitting between output Archlinux

Roman Beslik rabeslik at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 07:49:56 PDT 2012

Hello!

The tricky thing is that Skype actually sends 2 audio streams:
0) incoming call ringing;
1) a voice.
You can test the streams with "echo123" and "Options/Notifications/Test
Event". Stream 0 is always visible as "System Sounds" in "pavucontrol".
Stream 1 appears when you are talking.

Youtube audio appears in "pavucontrol" under the name of your webbrowser.

I should tell that Skype does recognize audio streams on my Arch Linux.

The wiki page that you mentioned describes tuning of another aspect. If
you have 6-channel sound card and stereo speakers, set the number of
channels to 2 in "alsamixer" and "default-sample-channels=2" in PulseAudio.