[pulseaudio-discuss] Clean up of /tmp/

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Wed Apr 25 02:44:37 PDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-04-24 at 23:24 +0200, Paul Menzel wrote:
> Dear PulseAudio folks,
> looking at the content of `/tmp/` I am seeing a leftove
>     /tmp/pulse-mRPUmdyXxFi
> from an already logged out user. GDM is used as the log in manager on
> this Debian Sid/unstable system
> This is just the folder with no content, but I am wondering if that
> should be cleaned up too after a log out. Is PulseAudio responsible for
> that?

Maybe, but it is easy to get abandoned items in /tmp;  especially if
something abends.

Most distributions have a scheduled task that cleans up stuff from /tmp.
For openSUSE this is /etc/cron.daily/suse.de-clean-tmp,  perhaps Debian
has an equivalent that either hasn't run yet or isn't picking up on
those items.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>
System Administrator, OpenGroupware Developer, LPI / CNA