[pulseaudio-discuss] Multiple PulseAudio bugs affecting mplayer2 users

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Wed Aug 1 22:35:11 PDT 2012

On Sun, 2012-07-29 at 01:12 +0300, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-07-28 at 16:32 +0300, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
> > on my free time. I'd like to work on the bugs too, but it's lower in
> > priority. So, if you want to get bugs fixed, the most reliable way to
> > achieve that is to submit patches. You seem to have spent quite a lot of
> > time studying the PulseAudio code already - would you be willing to
> > prepare proper patches for the bugs that you've found?
>
> Not that much time - I investigated bugs 2 and 4 one evening without
> prior familiarity with PulseAudio code, then implemented the client-side
> workaround for 2 and noticed and analyzed bug 3 another day. Fixing
> things like bug 4 should be quicker for people who are already familiar
> with the program and have a vision of how things architecturally
> _should_ work (not just producing correct output in current case).
> Anyway, I now wrote patches for bugs 3 and 4 plus one bug I had not
> analyzed before (attached).

Thanks a lot for the patches! I've checked the first patch, and it looks
good (apart from the coding style issues: comments should only use /*
this style */, and variables should only be declared in the beginning of
the code block). Before I push the patch, one question: is the email
address in the patches intentionally invalid?

I'll continue reviewing the rest of the patches. I'll file bugs about
the issues that you didn't provide a patch for.