[pulseaudio-discuss] libpulsecommon not installed

Peter Meerwald pmeerw at pmeerw.net
Thu Aug 2 09:48:25 PDT 2012

> I'm debugging the win32 "Assertion failed '!e->dead' failed" issue.

> During that I found that libpulsecommon (.dll in this case) is not installed
> (which made me fight ghosts in the past few hours :) ). Is this a known issue?
> Unfortunately I have no idea about autotools and I seem unable to fix it
> myself.

recent version of PulseAudio have libpulsecommon installed in
/usr/lib/pulseaudio

I am not sure how this is supposed to work on Win32; rest assured that I
feel your pain; it poses problems elsewhere as well, e.g. when
cross-compiling, linking w/o libtool, statically linking, etc.

regards, p.

--

Peter Meerwald
+43-664-2444418 (mobile)