[pulseaudio-discuss] How to configure stream routing

Frederik Vogelsang frederik.vogelsang at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 11:16:40 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am using Pulseaudio 2.1 on my Ivy Bridge HTPC, which is hooked up to
my amp through HDMI. My sound card has two profiles which are relavant
for me: "output:hdmi-stereo" and "output:hdmi-surround". How can I
configure Pulseaudio to switch between these two profiles
automatically, depending on the number of channels? Right now it is a
pain the butt to switch between these profiles manually, whenever I
want to listen to multichannel recordings.

- Frederik