[pulseaudio-discuss] Volume at login set to Maximum

Nasa nasa01 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 14 11:23:51 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am experiencing the problem described here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/598308
(I am the last comment).  Could anyone point me to
documentation that may help me workaround/solve this issue?
I am using pulseaudio in my car pc - and having it at
these high levels in my small car (not to mention waking
up the neighborhood) isn't really desirable.  I have been
searching for an answer on this for awhile - and the only things
I have seen applicable are "flat volumes" (which is set to "no")
and possibly setting pulseaudio to only change PCM - which I
am hesitant to do as I like the control presented by pulseaudio
for controling my 4.1 system.

BTW: once I get sound levels under control - things sound really
good...

Thanks in advanced,

Nasa