[pulseaudio-discuss] Documentation for how rewinding works

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Mon Aug 20 00:43:21 PDT 2012

On 08/19/2012 01:06 PM, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While reviewing a rewind related patch, I noticed that I don't
> understand the rewinding code thoroughly, even though I have studied it
> a few times in the past. I decided that I should write a wiki page for
> the code so that working with it would be easier in the future for me
> and everybody else.
>
> So, here's the result:
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Documentation/Developer/Rewinding

Great writeup. :-) I think in case of resampling there would be even one
more buffer to deal with (per sink input)? Not strictly related to
rewinding though, so not sure if it's worth mentioning.

> While doing that, I found quite a few bugs, which are noted on that
> page. I don't plan fixing them any time soon (help with that would be
> very welcome), so I will just file bugs about the issues so that they
> are not forgotten.

Were there any bugs that popped out as being real problems for our users
today, rather than the more janitorial "it would be more elegant if we
didn't call it here and here, but instead here"?

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic