[pulseaudio-discuss] Why are we checking various sample rates?

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 04:57:53 PST 2012

2012-11-30 下午5:01 於 "David Henningsson" <david.henningsson at canonical.com>
寫道:

> Hi,
>
> I'm researching a bug where some set of USB speakers stopped working,
probably in 2.x. The peculiar thing about this sound card is that seems to
only work at a sample rate of 46875 Hz.

> So in 2.x, the probe fails with
> "E: [pulseaudio] alsa-sink.c: Failed to find any supported sample
rates.", whereas in an earlier version, it would just happily work at 46875
Hz instead, as I understand it.

> So my first question is; why do we check all these rates, when we end up
just alternating between default-sample-rate (44100 Hz) and
alternate-sample-rate (48000 Hz) anyway?
> And second, can we try not to fail if we can't find any supported sample
rates, so we can fix this regression?

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/commit/src/daemon/daemon-conf.c?id=5bcfd2b630ae56c97348edc93c4c237f71b24283

Since pulseaudio 2.0 require sound card support sample rate which are
multiple of 4000 and 11025