[pulseaudio-discuss] [RFC v0 00/15] bluetooth: BlueZ 5 development patches

Mikel Astiz mikel.astiz.oss at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 04:58:19 PST 2012

From: Mikel Astiz <mikel.astiz at bmw-carit.de>

These patches are *NOT* intended to be merged.

I submit them as work-in-progress, mainly to be able to test BlueZ and oFono during the 5.0 release development.

The proposed approach is that bluetooth-util detects the version of BlueZ during runtime. Therefore, the modules should not see any difference.

There's been some discussion whether an independent BlueZ-5-ready version of bluetooth-util should be started. My take on this is that the APIs are similar enough to keep one single bluetooth-util.

The code gets a bit more ugly, but the alternative of splitting would introduce duplicated code and thus more maintenance work. So my proposal is: keep it merged while it's possible.

Mikel Astiz (14):
  bluetooth: Do not check profile states is device_audio_is_ready()
  bluetooth: Detect BlueZ 5
  bluetooth: Parse the tree returned by ObjectManager
  bluetooth: Support ObjectManager interface add/remove
  bluetooth: Support Properties.PropertiesChanged signal
  bluetooth: BlueZ 5 interface rename to org.bluez.MediaEndpoint1
  bluetooth: BlueZ 5 interface rename to org.bluez.Media1
  bluetooth: BlueZ 5 interface rename to org.bluez.MediaTransport1
  bluetooth: Parse media transport's properties
  bluetooth: Support media transport's State property
  bluetooth: Update to new BlueZ 5 transport acquire/release API
  bluetooth: Support transport auto-release
  bluetooth: Update to new property setter API in BlueZ 5
  bluetooth: Update to volume control in BlueZ 5

Vinicius Costa Gomes (1):
  bluetooth: Add HFP 1.6 codec ID

 src/modules/bluetooth/bluetooth-util.c | 498 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----

1.7.11.7