[pulseaudio-discuss] [RFC v0 01/15] bluetooth: Do not check profile states is device_audio_is_ready()

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Thu Dec 20 04:07:06 PST 2012

On Wed, 2012-12-19 at 13:58 +0100, Mikel Astiz wrote:
> From: Mikel Astiz <mikel.astiz at bmw-carit.de>
>
> The function is used to make sure some basic information has already
> been gathered before the device is being used. At this point profile
> states can be ignored, since their initial value will be
> PA_BT_AUDIO_STATE_INVALID and thus effectively similar to
> PA_BT_AUDIO_STATE_DISCONNECTED due to audio_state_to_transport_state().

Is it necessary to check d->audio_state either?

Also, the function name doesn't seem very appropriate. If the purpose of
the function is to check whether the device properties have been
received, I think it should be called device_is_initialized() or
something like that.

Btw, this doesn't seem BlueZ 5 specific...