[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulse Audio and Ubuntu

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 09:35:59 PST 2012

Hi All,

Trying to pinpoint how Ubuntu handles pulse audio as it seems unique and
more efficient. Trying to implement similar structure in another distro.
Two main questions:

1. How does Ubuntu get Pulseaudio to read the hdmi-extras configuration
profile in /usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/profile-sets

2. How does Ubuntu get Pulseaudio to control entire system including Flash
content. I have gotten HDMI sound fine with everything outside of Flash in
bodhi linux but as of yet Flash fails consistently to output through HDMI
using Pulse -- I have gotten HDMI 2.0 sound with flash using .asoundrc

Thanks in advance