[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulse Audio and Ubuntu

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Mon Feb 6 21:19:04 PST 2012

On 02/06/2012 06:35 PM, Joel Madero wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Trying to pinpoint how Ubuntu handles pulse audio as it seems unique and
> more efficient. Trying to implement similar structure in another distro.
> Two main questions:
>
> 1. How does Ubuntu get Pulseaudio to read the hdmi-extras configuration
> profile in /usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/profile-sets

Seems this one is becoming popular, I was pinged yesterday on IRC about
somebody wanting to do that on ...PClinuxOS or something?

Anyway, it's done through a udev rule, and what you're looking for is this:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-audio-dev/pulseaudio/ubuntu.precise/view/head:/debian/patches/0612-Add-port-information-to-HDMI-profiles.patch

It's currently a part of the jack detection stuff, and on my TODO list
is to upstream the kcontrol implementation first (I guess it's time as
this is now coming in Linux 3.3) and then this patch.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic