[pulseaudio-discuss] [RFC] Property getter API for pa_format_info

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Tue Feb 7 01:30:41 PST 2012

On 02/07/2012 09:20 AM, Arun Raghavan wrote:
> Hi folks,
> Embarassingly enough, I missed out adding getters for pa_format_info properties
> when introducing them. Here comes a patch series for adding these.
>
> In order to not completely disrupt how we use properties for formats, we're
> currently them in a proplist as (key, value) pairs as with normal proplists,
> with the exception that values are actually parseable as JSON objects.
>
> In the nebulous future, we would likely want to move our internal
> representation over to be completely JSON-ified, rather than piecemeal as it is
> now.

This sounds scary... :-/ I'd rather wish we went the other way and made
the JSON dependency optional for those who didn't want it.

Apart from that, I had a look at the patches, and nothing bumped out as
buggy (except the comment just sent). So I guess it's okay, that said I
haven't looked much into that part of PulseAudio.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic