[pulseaudio-discuss] [RFC 00/12] bluetooth: Revive MP3 passthrough over A2DP

Wang Xingchao wangxingchao2011 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 07:02:42 PST 2012

在 2012年2月6日 下午7:54,Frédéric Dalleau <frederic.dalleau at linux.intel.com> 写道:
> Hello,
>
> I'm spent some time trying to revive the patch series
> originally written by Pierre-Louis Bossart and
> Arun Raghavan to enable MP3 passthrough over A2DP.
> I add support for Media API through a new Endpoint.
>
> The resulting code works fine but the following issues are raised:
> 1) Each IEC frame is 4k even if real MP3 data is 120 bytes, is there any alternative?
> 2) SINK_ADD_INPUT_MSG is called with PA_ENCODING_PCM using paplay --passthrough. Is this is a bug?
> 3) how to configure the sink based on incoming stream.
> 4) how to reconfigure the sink if stream type changes.
>
> Next step, I'll try to do MP3 sink.

Great work! i'm very interested with the MP3 sink, do you have some
plan to use Vinod and Pierre's patchset about compress audio data
APIs? I was writing a DSP driver based on that patchset for Medfield
platform, i hope pulseaudio could add such dsp sink which accpet all
compressed formats data the DSP could offload HW decoding.

--xingchao