[pulseaudio-discuss] [RFC 06/12] bluetooth: Register MP3 endpoint for bluetooth

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Fri Feb 10 11:44:28 PST 2012

> Hi Pierre, A2DP allows for all frequencies, but only 44.1 and 48 are
> mandatory to be supported by the headset. As a source it makes sense
> to support all frequencies, since they will be directly defined by the
> file being played.
Nevermind, I confused SBC and MP3.
You're right, however I remember from the IEC specs that the payloader
needs to be different for frequencies below 32kHz, as the MP3 frame size
is divided by two. In other words the code will probably not work even
if the frequencies are supported. I would recommend sticking to
mandatory frequencies for A2DP frequencies (never found a headset that
supported optional frequencies anyway)
-Pierre