[pulseaudio-discuss] [RFC 01/12] bluetooth: MP3 passthrough over A2DP

Luiz Augusto von Dentz luiz.dentz at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 01:49:48 PST 2012

Hi Frédéric,

2012/2/6 Frédéric Dalleau <frederic.dalleau at linux.intel.com>:
> From: Pierre-Louis Bossart <pierre-louis.bossart at intel.com>
>
> Second version of patch to enable MP3 passthrough over A2DP, with
> the decoding taking place on the headset to reduce power consumption.
> This was only possible if PulseAudio was bypassed before with the
> a2dpsink element in gstreamer.

I would not mess that much with device module, we clearly need to
separate the codec code from it so perhaps separating in endpoint
modules such as module-bluetooth-sbc and module-bluetooth-mpeg would
have been a better idea, that way is much easier to extend with other
codec support latter. Also lets avoid the use unix socket since it is
considered deprecated.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz