[pulseaudio-discuss] Release planning

Peter Meerwald pmeerw at pmeerw.net
Mon Feb 20 00:41:07 PST 2012

Hello,

> http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/ReleasePlanning

    Fixed resamplers [Pierre-Louis Bossart]

what is the task here?
does that include the SSE3 resampler?
what is supposed to work, what not?

    NEON sconv/mixing [Peter Meerwald]

I plan to submit an updated patch series soon; a NEON remap_stereo_to_mono
will be added, I'm wrestling with gcc ICEs

an open issue is build system support for different optimizations, a clear
strategy would be nice -- Arun?

sbc_primitive_neon checks for NEON compiler support, but no runtime checks

elsewhere inline assembly is used with runtime checks, but no compile-time
checks/configure options

what is missing is probing at compile-time and translation of files with
different optimization/architecture flags

the simple solution for my NEON patches now would be to mimic the
sbc_primitive_neon way...

    More Orc [Maarten Bosmans]

Orc is not enabled for ARM at the moment; svolume-orc breaks on ARM NEON
as loadpq does not compile

ad Alternate sample rates:

this does not work for me on a beagle-xm -- PA fails to wake up after
suspending; it works if I set both alternatives to the same sample rate;
maybe this is related to --system mode

anyone interested in log messages?

ciao, p.

--