[pulseaudio-discuss] NEON patches

Peter Meerwald pmeerw at pmeerw.net
Wed Feb 22 03:59:44 PST 2012

Hello,

I've just resubmitted my ARM NEON patches, several issues were resolved:
* test code is active now, calls reference implementation (Arun's comment)
* fixed potential alignment issues (I am not sure what PA's alignment
guarantees are); I observed these issues with the echo-cancel module and a
simple API client but not with pacat as a client

patches 5 and 6 are new and can be considered separately:
* one adds a special-case stereo-to-mono implementation to the remapper
* the last patch makes the bluetooth SBC code obey the PULSE_NO_SIMD
environment variable

Rémi's comments are not fully addressed; I removed the redundant check for
NEON flags -- the current situation is that you get NEON support if your
compiler has it ($CC needs to be set appropriately) and the target is
supposed to support NEON

regards, p.

--

Peter Meerwald