[pulseaudio-discuss] Why Gnome "System Sounds" is not a normal program?

Roman Beslik rabeslik at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 14:53:40 PST 2012

Hello.

As far as I understand, PulseAudio uses an interesting strategy of
routing sound to several sound cards. Instead of selecting a sound card
in each client, a sound card is selected in a general program, e.g.
"pavucontrol."

There is an exception. The program "System Sounds" is always present in
"pavucontrol" but without a sound card list. Instead, I chose a sound
card for system sounds in "gnome-sound-applet." This is inconvenient and
even strange.