[pulseaudio-discuss] Why Gnome "System Sounds" is not a normal program?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jan 5 07:29:02 PST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Roman Beslik at 04/01/12 23:34 did gyre and gimble:
> To be honest, I expected kinda database viewing tool which shows all
> streams which occurred in the past. Nevertheless, "pavucontrol" is good
> enough as it is. Thank you for your work.

I have toyed with the idea of doing that in pavucontrol (somewhat
hidden, perhaps behind an "Advanced" button that pops up a different
window or something?). The protocol is technically there to do it
without any changes at the PA daemon end.

So if you fancy hacking on pavucontrol, I'd be more than happy to help
you and review/merge patches etc.

  Trac Hacker http://trac.edgewall.org/