[pulseaudio-discuss] Compile and build of pulseaudio under Windows Mingw32

Maarten Bosmans mkbosmans at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 00:32:00 PST 2012

2012/1/4 peqoud <peqoud at gmail.com>:
> Hello!

Hi Erich,

I sent my reply to the pulseaudio mailing list. Please subscribe or
keep the list included in CC.

> Iam Erich and I just recently found out about your mingw32-build branch of
> pulseaudio for Windows on the following link:
>
> https://github.com/mkbosmans/pulseaudio/commits/mingw32-build

Note: This branch currently is just the upstream 1.1 release (see
pulseaudio.org), all the win32-specific patches have been merged.

> As I could not find any documentation on how to compile this under Windows
> with mingw32 I hoped you can give me some adivce on this? Maybe there is
> even something I did not see?

There's no documentation of it, because it's all pretty standard. If
you have mingw32 installed, it's just your regular ./configure; make;
make install.

Having said that, I have never tried compiling _on_ Windows myself.
The win32 support has been developed on Linux, cross-compiling _for_
Windows. My experience with setting up a mingw32 environment on
Windows is that it is a great pain to get all the details right and
working.

> I basically just wanted to start into writting a WinAMP output plugin which
> should stream music to another pulseaudio server. But I did not even
> overcome the first step ;)

That would be a really nice thing to have!

> best regards,
> Erich Ebenhoch

Maarten