[pulseaudio-discuss] Nvidia hdmi passthrough patch

Peter Humphreys eagleeyes426 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 16 01:09:09 PST 2012

Hi there,

I just found this post:

https://tango.0pointer.de/pipermail/pulseaudio-discuss/2011-March/009291.html

Is this relevant to HDMI passthrough to receivers IE: so the NVIDIA
isn't decoding the audio stream, allowing the receiver to get DTS-HD MA,
True HD, FLAC etc encoded streams and do the decoding on the receiver??

Because at the moment I only get PCM on my receiver from the NVIDIA,
where as in Windows 7 I can use powerdvd which passes through the signal
for the receiver to decode, in Ubuntu I have no options to do that.

Regards,
Peter