[pulseaudio-discuss] Nvidia hdmi passthrough patch

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Thu Jan 19 03:19:13 PST 2012

Please answer in the list; if everyone can benefit from the answer.

On 01/19/2012 12:02 PM, Peter Humphreys wrote:
> Ah ok the description of the thread made me think it was talking about
> passthrough specifically for the NVIDIA HDMI ports. ie having
> audio/video sent through as is and the receiver does the decoding of the
> audio/video stream.
>
> Quote "Hey,
>
> Here's a patch that I created for git that adds passthrough support for
> the Nvidia hdmi port.  Pretty much just copy/paste from the iec958
> sections."
>
> So what is this patch for then exactly?

It seems obsolete. Passthrough detection is not hard coded through names
such as "hdmi-passthrough-output" any more, AFAICT.

> Also is there any reason why my receiver is only getting 44Khz and not
> any higher sampling rates?

> If pulse audio already supports passthrough is it just a matter of the
> likes of VLC etc coding support for it?

Yes. Also I'm unsure how the detection of what formats the receiver
supports is implemented yet, or if you have to set it manually through
pavucontrol (which again did not make it into 11.10)?

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic