[pulseaudio-discuss] [RFC 0/3] Automatically enable loopback on sources

Dalleau, Frederic frederic.dalleau at intel.com
Tue Jan 24 05:31:32 PST 2012

Hi Luiz,

Overall Im fine with the changes, but how would we could dynamically
> control the auto loading? Im not sure this will always be static which
> apparently is what it implicates by being in
> module-bluetooth-discover, lets say in some conditions the audio
> should not be send back to loopback or loopback is not the default
> sink/source.

This is good question.

Current patch include a configuration, so either the user is fine with the
default sink or he do not use the feature at all :D

However, the following possibilities can be written :
1) statically configure another sink in configuration file.
2) Use the intended role : "music", or "voice"
3) Other audio policy?

All these scenario can be resumed into a call to function that returns the
desired sink.

Number 1) is too restrictive.
We could imagine the loopback is an application, so number 2) make sense.
Number 3) would for sure require an external module to avoid
module-bluetooth-device depending on a policy module.

Regards,
Frédéric