[pulseaudio-discuss] Official protocol reservation v26

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Fri Jan 27 04:12:01 PST 2012

I'm doing the same thing I did half a year ago, and this time we need
the new protocol version since we want to improve the
gnome-control-center UI.

I hereby reserve protocol v26 to mean this specific thing:

## v26, implemented by >= 2.0

In reply from PA_COMMAND_GET_CARD_INFO (and thus
PA_COMMAND_GET_CARD_INFO_LIST), the following is added:

     uint32_t n_ports

...followed by n_ports extended port entries, which look like this:

     string name
     string description
     uint32_t priority
     uint32_t available
     uint8_t direction
     proplist
     uint32_t n_profiles
     string profile_name_1
     string profile_name_n

Profile names must match earlier sent profile names for the same card.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic