[pulseaudio-discuss] Module unloading in reverse order?

Tanu Kaskinen tanu.kaskinen at digia.com
Fri Jan 27 05:07:55 PST 2012

On Fri, 2012-01-27 at 14:37 +0200, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
> Good point. Unregistering objects from the bus isn't a problem, because
> objects aren't registered in the bus in the first place (that's not how
> D-Bus works), and we don't use a bus anyway, but the concern is valid
> with signals: if module-udev-detect is unloaded first,
> module-dbus-protocol will send a bunch of signals (SinkRemoved etc.) to
> the clients, which could be avoided by unloading module-dbus-protocol
> first.

Actually, I think that no signals will be sent after all. I think
libdbus only queues the messages for sending, and will send them once
the control returns to the event loop, but that will never happen when
the daemon is in the process of getting shut down... Of course, some CPU
and memory is needed to create those messages, so it would still be
better to unload module-dbus-protocol as soon as possible.