[pulseaudio-discuss] [RFC v0 1/5] bluetooth: Check errors in init_bt

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Thu Jul 5 01:58:55 PDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-04-11 at 09:00 +0200, Mikel Astiz wrote:
> From: Mikel Astiz <mikel.astiz at bmw-carit.de>
>
> If bluetooth setup fails, the profile should be switched to off.

The job of init_bt() is to connect to the BlueZ socket interface, right?
I disagree about what should be done in case of failure. I think the
device module should be unloaded, not just set to the off profile. Or
are there valid scenarios where the socket connection is temporarily
unavailable, instead of permanently broken?