[pulseaudio-discuss] GSoC weekly status report logging and testing facilities (Deng Zhengrong)

rong deng dzrongg at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 00:21:33 PDT 2012

Hi list,

This week, I've crafted the basic test framework and use it to
implement a cpu test for intel x86 architecture, I've uploaded this
patch to this mailing list. So hopefully I'll translate more and more
test cases using this new test framework.

I've also helped Tanu to change pa_bool_t to bool type. Patches are
sent to the mailing list for review. But it seems that some people
have some concerns about this change and thinks that it might break
Microsoft compilers as its compiler doesn't support C99 features.

I've also changed my original ring buffer log to log all level's data.
Because the usage for this ring log is to help developers or users to
know what's going on under the hood without restarting the pulseaudio
daemon again. So with this change it would log all level's data, even
debug's. Hopefully it would ease developers' and users' debugging a
lot.

In this week, I also spent 3~4 days for vacation. :)

Here's my this week's status report. Thanks, any comments are welcome.

-deng