[pulseaudio-discuss] module-combine-sinks latency

Marius Bjørnstad pmb at fa2k.net
Sat Jul 7 16:42:01 PDT 2012

Hi,

I would like to play the same sound to my speakers and headphones, so
"switching" between them is just a matter of turning on/off the
speakers. When I use module-combine-sink to combine two sound cards, the
virtual sink gets a latency of approximately 200 ms -- very high for
VoIP usage. If I send the stream to either of the sound cards
separately, the latency is just 0.5 ms and ~15 ms. Is there a way to
reduce the latency for module-combine-sinks ?

Thanks,
Marius