[pulseaudio-discuss] GSoC status report III

Ștefan Săftescu stefan.saftescu at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 15:54:19 PDT 2012

Hello,

This is my third status report, since there wasn't much to say last week, other
than what I had already sent to the mailing list.

In this week's patch set (thanks poljar for the git help!) I finally managed to
abstract away the notifications from a specific implementation and I said there
were a few things I needed to do to move forwards:
    - receive D-Bus replies to get notification IDs
    - implement the cancel_notification function (requires the IDs)
    - add actions to notifications
    - register to the appropriate signals to receive user feedback

I have already done the first thing and I will be finishing the rest over the
next few days and send a new patch set.

I have decided (and, I think, Colin silently agreed) to push the database stuff
a week or two, to when I will have finished the Desktop Notifications backend.
Therefore, this week I hope I will be able to improve the notifications by
adding support for inputs (at least text fields) and to be able to display
dialogs as well (based on these inputs). These inputs could then be used for
authentication stuff in the zeroconf module.

This week is technically not for coding, but, since I started late and since I'm
changing the time plan somewhat, I will be coding nevertheless, to make sure
I'll be done on time.

Best,
Ștefan