[pulseaudio-discuss] Building PulseAudio 2.0 without a dependency on libstdc++

Louis Opter kalessin at kalessin.fr
Sun Jul 15 20:41:11 PDT 2012

Hello,

I'm trying to update the OpenWRT PulseAudio package to PulseAudio 2.0.

(In the hope that it could fix a sample rate issue with my USB DAC: PA
sets it at 48kHz and doesn't want to accept any other value).

OpenWRT being an embedded Linux distribution I'd like to avoid the
dependency on the libstdc++ introduced with PA 2.0 for the echo-cancel
module.

But after many attempts to crappy patch src/Makefile.in, I can't get rid
of the echo-cancel module being linked against the libstdc++.

Of course, the WebRTC echo canceller is disabled:

    Enable Adrian echo canceller:  no
    Enable speex (resampler, AEC): yes
    Enable WebRTC echo canceller:  no

How could I patch the Makefile to not link with the libstdc++ when
WebRTC is not used? And, should I file a bug for this?

Thank you

--
Louis Opter