[pulseaudio-discuss] Does PulseAudio compensate for clock drift?

Ansis Māliņš ansis.malins at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 04:29:17 PDT 2012

Due to clock drift, audio sent from one computer at, say, 48000 Hz will
arrive at the other computer at 47999Hz or 48003 Hz, and this value
constantly changes with ambient temperature. Eventually you get buffer
underruns and overruns unless you dynamically apply sample rate conversion
to keep the receiving buffer exactly half full.

Do any of the PulseAudio components do this?

My specific problem is that I get cracks and pops when streaming live audio
to module-simple-protocol-tcp from another machine.